The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

adding zip archive to export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Would it be possible to to add a zip archive to the export options?

Let me explain. There are obvious ongoing issues with synchronisation. I really do like omnioutliner and it is my weapon of choice and having both Mac and iPad versions I'm all set. I love the way I can drag in other documents and they appear in the iPad version when I push it across. Here in is the problem.

I've tried the Omnisync server, but this took 60 minutes to sync 7mb. When I map the drive into finder (I'm on SL) things really slow down. This means omnisync isn't for me it just isn't practical.

I do however use SMEstorage (really good by the way) and they have a desktop app that connects just about every cloud provider into one handy mapped drive with no problems. There is one fly in the ointment. The .oo3 extension. When I connect to the webdav server to export an omnioutliner document I always get an error. I've used Goodreader, Readdledocs, you name it and they all have a problem with .oo3. Once I zip the document the problem disappears and it handles just like any other file. I can zip them on my desktop, but need a way to zip the omnioutliner files in omnioutliner for iPad so that I can export the file. I could do this via readdledocs, but this would require me to open the .oo3 document in readdledocs, create a new folder, move the .oo3 document in the new folder and zip it. This is just too cumbersome to do each time.

So please please please please add a zip archive into the export options!

many thanks