The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bigger adressfield or smaller searchfield? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3715/bild21bn.png

As you can see, my adressfield is with this size on the window, smaller than my searchfield.
I dont want it this way. Can it be changed? I cant resize the searchfield and I dont know how to make the adressfield bigger. I want the same proportions as in Safari :(

edit: I also now see that the fontsize in adressfield is smaller than in Safari, can this be changed too?

Last edited by superjoppe; 2006-05-10 at 01:17 AM..

how do you resize the search field? by making the window wider?

Not what you asked for, but some other ways to solve the problem...

You can put the address bar on its own line. Go to View: Toolbars.

Also, you can customize the toolbar and remove the search field. If you want to utilize its functionality, you can do so by typing the keyword into the address bar, followed by the search term(s.)

Forrest, that's a great tip. Didn't know that. I may have to now go and learn how to set up Search shortcuts. Any tips on that? I'd like to add Altavista and a few metasearch engines to the list.

First thing, look at some of the existing search shortcuts. You will see stuff like http://www.google.com/search?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&q=%@ - that %@ is where your term would go. The keyword google@ means you would type 'google' into the address bar.

Possibly the easiest way to do it is to perform a search on site. If I go to altavista and search for omniweb, the resulting URL is:
Code:
http://www.altavista.com/web/results?itag=ody&q=omniweb&kgs=1&kls=0
So create a new search shortcut. Name it AltaVista, they keyword altavista@ (or whatever you want with the @ at the end,) then paste in the URL string. However, where it says "omniweb" in the string, replace that with %@

I should also note, you don't have to do this manually.

On any form with a text field, fill out the rest of the form as you like it, then right click on the text field and pick "Add Search Shortcut" from the context menu (you may need the cursor in the text field for this to show up--not sure).

LOL. I'm the guy on the right: