The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I sort actions in a Single Actions folder? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a single actions folder marked in the project view and I'm looking at the actions. Is there only manual sorting here or what's the deal? If so, why is there even a sorting option?
I had a screenshot but wasn't allowed to post it until I've made three posts even though I've jumped through the hoops of registration...

Thanks!
Simon

Happy to help, Simon! Select the items you wish to sort, then use
Edit -> Sort

Hope this helps!

As to the question of why there is a sorting option in the view bar which appears to do nothing, the answer is that the sorting there is sorting entire projects, not actions. If you have 2 projects in view, each with a different due date, and you set the doting option to sort the display by due date, you'll see the project with the earliest due date first. If you want to see a list that is sorted on an action-by-action basis, you want context mode, not project mode.

What Brian has described to you is a destructive sort, accomplishing the same result as if you manually reordered the actions. The sorting option in the view bar does not permanently change the order of the actions (or projects), only the ordering of the view in that window. Two different concepts, one confusing name :-)