The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Locating Quick-Entry Created Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quick question - will a new project created in the Quick Entry pane with command-return always reside at the top level of the sidebar? Is there any setting (I've yet to find one) to define a default location among my project folder hierarchy (I use Work and Personal to split up and group projects, and have a computer at each location)? Enlightenment appreciated.

In my experience, newly created projects will end up at the bottom end of the sidebar, unless you've created a project that is nested inside an existing folder. You can do that by typing <foldername><your hierarchy separator><new project> cmd-return where <your hierarchy separator> is the character or string you've set in the General preferences panel of the OmniFocus preferences.

So, if you've got the default separator (":" if I remember correctly), and wanted to create a project called "Get a raise" in the Work folder, you could do so by typing "Work:Get a raise<cmd>-<return>" in the project field.

Aha! Thanks for that! *slaps forehead*

Just tried this in OF 1.6, and it looks like you have to use the colon, regardless of what you've set your separator to.