The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to alpha order Library listing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have numerous projects listed in my Library. How do I alpha order this list automatically?

thanks

If by automatically you mean that it continuously re-sorts itself every time you put something in the wrong place, you are out of luck. However, if by automatically you mean that when you tell it to sort the library, it does the work for you, you are in luck. Here's what you do:

In the sidebar, select the items you want to sort. It is *not* necessary to sort everything. Standard Mac selection procedure works here. When you have selected everything you want to sort, do Edit->Sort->(pick your sort key from the list). This will change the order of the projects permanently, just as if you had dragged them around yourself. Notice that the outline will be sorted hierarchically, so a flattened list of the projects may not be in whatever order you chose. For example, if you sort the following:

B
A
C (folder)
--AA
--CC
--BB
E (folder)
--AAC
--AAA
--AAAB
--AAAA
D (folder)
--W
--G
--P

you'll get:

A
B
C
--AA
--BB
--CC
D
--G
--P
--W
E
--AAA
--AAAA
--AAAB
--AAC

Thanks. I *thought* I had looked everywhere but thanks for pointing this out. Lifesaver for sure!

And thanks for making my day too, whpalmer–I never even thought about sorting items separately!