The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forecast view listings for Mac desktop Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
Periodically in the list of tasks I get a line item that reads "Was due Sun Jan" It has no date and year and no description of the task.
Ver 005 above should fix that, I think.

How difficult would it be to change the output of the due script, so that it breaks the items up as follows:

Due in the coming week

Less than x months Overdue

More than x months Overdue

Maybe this isn't relevant to a lot of people, but at least for me, the most immediately overdue items tend to be the most important ones for me to see. If a task is pretty stale, I may not feel I can delete it, but if it has sat for a long time it also may not be as urgently overdue as some of the newer tasks in the overdue list.

As things are presently constituted, if you have a rather long list of overdue items, as I am not so proud to say that I do, the most recent overdue items sort to the bottom of the list. If the list is long enough <g>, they aren't even visible on my screen, because the list runs off of it.

That being said, within a overdue in the last x month view, I wouldn't mind seeing the most overdue item first (as things are now).

I know that at a certain point, if one want lots of sorting and filtering options, one may as well just open up OF.

But between this script, hazel, dropbox, and simplenote, I think I may have a system that allows me to view my tasks other places (like on my android phone). So having a little more control over the organization would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Yes, I think it has fixed it.

Quote:
Spoke too soon. Added a few items, and Sun Jan is back.

KS

Quote:
Spoke too soon. Added a few items, and Sun Jan is back.
Looks like this may happen when it is trying to pull out tasks that are nested down a couple of levels.

I added a project using Curt Clifton's Populate Template AS. It's a relatively involved one. Then I added due dates to a couple of items. Now in my text file, I see two iterations of the project header is the "Due" section, but neither of the tasks are listed. Instead, it looks like this:

Code:
     ProjectName:
*15:00
Sun Jan
FWIW, 15:00 is the default time I've set for due date reminders.

Quote:
Looks like this may happen when it is trying to pull out tasks that are nested down a couple of levels.
Can't reproduce that problem here with deeply nested tasks. (The Sqlite tables are flat, as it happens)

Quote:
I added a project using Curt Clifton's Populate Template AS. It's a relatively involved one. Then I added due dates to a couple of items. Now in my text file, I see two iterations of the project header is the "Due" section, but neither of the tasks are listed.
Any unusual characters in the text of these actions: end of line breaks (linefeeds) for example, or pipe characters "|" ? Anything else unusual ?

Quote:
Can't reproduce that problem here with deeply nested tasks. (The Sqlite tables are flat, as it happens)

Any unusual characters in the text of these actions: end of line breaks (linefeeds) for example, or pipe characters "|" ? Anything else unusual ?
There's a colon. There's also a comma. Otherwise, it's just letters.

The hierarchy is as follows:

Project Name
Phase 1: Admin
Make Client File: Project Name

In the example above, "Make Client File: Project Name" is not getting pulled out into the text file.

If you'd like to send me an OPML version of that project (or a similar one which is not getting through) , I'll try to take a look at it over the weekend.

(When you use that older OPML script, just select the top-level node of the outline you want to export - the sub-tree will be exported with it)

Will the OPML script work with 10.6.8? Or does it use the newer version of Python?

Hi there

I have updated the start date script to order it by start date, not due date. This was giving me a strange looking list with the dates all out of order.

The change is on line 34:
from
ORDER BY t.effectiveDateDue, f.name, p.name, c.name
to
ORDER BY t.effectiveDateToStart, f.name, p.name, c.name