The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb crashes after every updates ... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After every updates OmniWeb crashes ...

To get it to work correctly then, I have to remove the preferences file.

But if I do that, I loose all the Omniweb settings, sites settings, personnal search settings and adblocking rules !

So it is really really becoming boring !

Plus it happens in both US only and international versions.
When there are updates for other softwares, you don't have to erase every time a new one comes out the pref file ...

I will not spend my time to setup again after every updates, so I keep the 5.5.1 that which is the last update that didn't crashed after it is released without having to delete the pref file.

Last edited by m-rick; 2007-02-16 at 08:37 AM..

I've never had this issue. Do you have any haxies installed?

no I don't.

I have :

iGlasses, CaminoSession, GrowlCamino, UnifiCamino, but none of this is irsponsible, since at my work I have a CoreDuo iMac and none of this is installed and it crashes also anyaway.

PrefPanes : Little Sntich, Flip4Mac, GnuPG, Growl, Spanning Sync.

Internet Plug-ins : Flash Player Enabler.plugin, Flash Player.plugin, flashplayer.xpt, Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.plugin, Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.webplugin, iPhotoPhotocast.plugin, Java Applet Plugin Enabler, Java Applet.plugin, JavaPluginCocoa.bundle, nsIQTScriptablePlugin.xpt, Quartz Composer.webplugin, QuickTime Plugin.plugin, QuickTime Plugin.webplugin, VerifiedDownloadPlugin.plugin, NPSVG3.zip, NPSVG3Carbon

FrameWorks : 3DxUSBDriver.framework, EWSMac.framework, FLAC++.framework, FLAC.framework, FxPlug.framework, HXClientKit.framework, LAME.framework, Ogg.framework, PluginManager.framework, ProFX.framework, Speex.framework, StuffIt.framework, StuffItCore.framework, SU2VW.framework, TheoraExp.framework, Vorbis.framework, VSDK.framework

QuickTime Plug-ins : AppleIntermediateCodec.component, DivX 6 Decoder.component, OggImport, Perian.component, Theora, LAMEEncoder.component, EyeTV MPEG Support.component

So if you were to revert back to an older version, what happens?

If I remove the complete folders QuickTime, InputManagers, Internet Plug-Ins, Frameworks from the Library folder, it crashes anyway. So nothing of what I wrote before shloud be responsible too.

When I revert to 5.5.1, it always works OK.

It doesn't crashes right after being launched, but always after around 30 s ~1 mn. And it is systematically.

Do you have bookmark syncing enabled?