The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

some wishes/ideas Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A small list of what came to my mind :

search la safari (with nice yellow bumps instead of invisible grey highlights)

sidebar instead of drawer (more practical to me)

adblocking : maybe use adblock plus listing?

also, adapted regexp without tiedous escapes for dots (\.) and a more easy way for non-nerds (see Safari AdBlock plugin > custom filters)

more flexibility in the workspaces window (reorder spaces, reorder tab items and drag in an other space)

more relevent results with "live" search in the adress bar (if I type "last" I want "last.fm" in first not "last.fm/index.php?artist=the_beatles&song=helter_skelter")

make non standard forms (most that don't have a true submit button) compatible with the keychain (if it's technically feasible)

loading progress in tabs (see netnewswire)

…this is the one and only thing I REALLY, REALLY miss from Safari. Also, the ability, like Safari, to search without a dialog box popping up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post

…this is the one and only thing I REALLY, REALLY miss from Safari. Also, the ability, like Safari, to search without a dialog box popping up...
... allowing of course for the idea that for both of these items, some of us will express a strong preference for the existing behaviour, rather than the Firefox/Safari behaviour proposed.

I will concede that that OmniWeb's search result highlighting can be very difficult to see sometimes.

The Highlighter bookmarklet will get you something visible, but not as functional

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/extras/

Don't forget to submit your feedback via "Send Feedback...."; mentions here do not get counted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlwin View Post
A small list of what came to my mind :

sidebar instead of drawer (more practical to me)

adblocking : maybe use adblock plus listing?

also, adapted regexp without tiedous escapes for dots (\.) and a more easy way for non-nerds (see Safari AdBlock plugin > custom filters)

more flexibility in the workspaces window (reorder spaces, reorder tab items and drag in an other space)

more relevent results with "live" search in the adress bar (if I type "last" I want "last.fm" in first not "last.fm/index.php?artist=the_beatles&song=helter_skelter")

make non standard forms (most that don't have a true submit button) compatible with the keychain (if it's technically feasible)

loading progress in tabs (see netnewswire)
These are all excellent suggestions IMHO