The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Due Soon" counts are wrong. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus for iPhone is practically perfect, except for one thing: my "Due Soon" counts are completely wrong!

For example, at the top level of the iPhone app, the count next to "Due Soon" is 2, which is correct. But then, if I go to Contexts, next to my Home context it lists 12 "Due Soon" items! This is wrong. It says that 8 items in that context are available, which is also correct. How could 12 items be "Due Soon" if there are only 8 available items? I was under the impression an action could only be listed as "Due Soon" if it is available.

Has anyone had this problem, and is there any way to fix it? Thanks in advance. :)

There is an issue in the way OmniFocus for iPhone presents Due Soon items on the Home page. It only shows those actions that are 'available' No matter what preference you select under settings. If you remove the start dates, the missing actions should appear.

Thanks so much. I had tried just about everything EXCEPT removing the start dates. At least this got the Due Soon badging correct.

So can I assume that including a start date does not make the item available until that date starts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownprp View Post
So can I assume that including a start date does not make the item available until that date starts?
An item with a start date in the future is by definition not available. Note that an item with a start date in the future and a due date shortly after the start date will not show up as "due soon" until the start date arrives, because "due soon" is a subset of available.

This is a severe bug that needs to be fixed.

It makes absolutely no sense to see "None available, 9 due soon" like I am seeing right now next to one of my contexts. "Due soon" is a subset of "available." If there are no available actions in a context, there should be no "due soon" actions in that context.

Any chance this bug can get fixed for the next version?

I'm still having this issue despite my tasks / projects not having start dates.

Definitely a big issue since setting start date/time prevents Due Soon from working correctly.

I could only reproduce this issue by adding start and end date/time. When I remove the start date/time, I'm able to see the due soon immediately.

Not to bash Omni, but it sucks to feel like I paid $20 to test their software versus them paying me the other way around.