The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why Vote? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
What an odd omission. Most pads (and certainly mine) seem to be shared (at least on occasion).
mmmhhh... good point Aldaron. I didn't think about password-on-launch until I was planning an 18th birthday bash for one of my grandkids. We have four iPads in a household of seven and we pass them around, so I didn't plan the party in OF because of the risk of someone sneaking a peek in my GTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We've gotten some requests for a password on OmniFocus for iPhone over the years, but other features have consistently been requested more frequently. It seemed a safe bet that the iPad app would play out the same way, and so far, it mostly has. Some folks want it, but it's not a top request yet.

Definitely worth sending the support ninjas email, though - it's not gonna move up that list any other way. :-)
Brian, forgive me if I'm slightly disillusioned about the 'voting' process, but 'contacts' (which has the most votes and has been requested since 2007) still hasn't made it!

I wouldn't have thought that password-on-launch was a huge coding commitment, I see it in numerous free & 99¢ Apps, often with the additional ability to also separately password protect individual items or folders (ie. GoodReader). As long as it was off-by-default it's not exactly going to have a negative impact on the user-base and would be a positive, easily achievable feature benefitting those like Aldaron who need it, and an advantage to those of us who might want to use it on occasion.

Having to 'vote' on something this logical seems a bit pointless, especially as I remain unconvinced that 'voting' actually achieves anything.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-09-21 at 02:53 PM..