The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since OmniFocus uses the pre-4 OmniOutliner code base, can we expect Perspectives to be available in OO 4? I'm hoping the answer is yes, because the ability to have multiple views open on the same outline can be amazingly powerful as demonstrated by Notebooks in Ecco.
Of course, that would imply each view is showing something different, but that is where filters will come in...
Thanks,
d

Last edited by reesd; 2012-09-22 at 05:55 AM..

Multiple windows for the same document is something we'll be considering for future versions. That however is not what I would consider OF's perspective feature to be though. Perspectives allow you to save a specific view state so you can switch between different views. Is that specific feature something you want? Or do you just want multiple windows for the same document?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Multiple windows for the same document is something we'll be considering for future versions. That however is not what I would consider OF's perspective feature to be though. Perspectives allow you to save a specific view state so you can switch between different views. Is that specific feature something you want? Or do you just want multiple windows for the same document?
I am looking for multiple windows on the same document combined with filtering. So each window could have a different "view" on the same data, as you update an item in one window the other windows are updated appropriately (Outlook and Ecco are two examples).

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesd View Post
I am looking for multiple windows on the same document combined with filtering. So each window could have a different "view" on the same data, as you update an item in one window the other windows are updated appropriately (Outlook and Ecco are two examples).
I hate to say "me too." But, ME TOO... I have entire semesters laid out for teaching, and I would like to have the ability to drag-and-drop from one section to another. The problem being that the outline is entirely too long to fit on my monitor. Currently, I am exporting sections into new outline files, doing editing, and then re-importing them into my overall document. HASSLE.

By the way, I am one of those Ecco converts.

Thanks, Scott