The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync by cable? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I travel a lot and sometimes don't have internet access but would love to be able to sync my iPhone and macbbok regularly. I connect my iPhone by cable to the Mac to update iCal etc. Can I sync OmniFocus in the same way. I do all my OmniFocus input on my mac.
Many thanks for any help on this -
From someone who's not quite in the connected world yet...but getting there!

Nope, Apple doesn't provide access to the necessary API to 3rd party developers.

What you can do is switch to using Bonjour sync before going on your trip. Sync both devices before doing this, to be sure you don't lose any changes. Then you can use the Mac's ability to create an ad hoc WiFi network to provide connectivity. From the Airport status menu in your menu bar, select Create Network and fill in the necessary details. Then tap the Settings button on the iPhone, choose the newly created network, and launch OF and sync. When you return from your trip, sync both devices before switching back to your usual sync method. I'd recommend a test run of the procedure once or twice before hitting the road.

Many thanks!