The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is there any way of viewing all the completed tasks in a project in order? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In context mode I can sort completed tasks in order. But in project mode it seems I can't.

I want to review all the tasks for a project completed over the past week, regardless of context.

Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks!

doug

Certainly! First Focus on the project you want to review by selecting the project and choosing "Focus on [Project]" from the View menu (keyboard shortcut Control-Command-F), then switch to Context mode and sort your actions. You can save this view as a perspective if you want to easily return to it in the future.

When you're done, choose "Show All Projects" from the View menu to stop focusing.

(Tip: you can also focus on a project directly from Context mode by selecting one of its actions and choosing the "Focus on [Project]" menu item.)

I see. The trick was selecting more than one context at a time from the left-hand context panel. I hadn't noticed that you can do that. That works.

How do I save this view as a perspective? I can't seem to figure it out from the perspectives window.

Also, is there a was of actually seeing the completed dates in that context view? The order seems correct, but it would also be nice to see the dates themselves.

Thanks!

doug

I see how to save a perspective now. Very cool!

doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug@lerner.net View Post
I see. The trick was selecting more than one context at a time from the left-hand context panel. I hadn't noticed that you can do that. That works.
You can also select all the contexts at once by clicking on "Contexts" in the sidebar.

Quote:
Also, is there a was of actually seeing the completed dates in that context view? The order seems correct, but it would also be nice to see the dates themselves.
Not at the moment; this will be a lot more practical to add when perspectives keep track of which columns are visible.

... which should hopefully go in tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
(Tip: you can also focus on a project directly from Context mode by selecting one of its actions and choosing the "Focus on [Project]" menu item.)
Ho! Very nice.