The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Web App alive and kickin'! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My "Add" button doesn't work either. I've wondered whether it has to do with this line in the ReadMe file:

Quote:
4a. If you are on OS X >= 10.5, give Ruby permission to respond to incoming network traffic.
I don't know enough about Ruby to know how to grant such permission, so if this is indeed the culprit, it would be wonderful if someone could write instructions for this step for the Ruby-illiterate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalm View Post
My "Add" button doesn't work either. I've wondered whether it has to do with this line in the ReadMe file:

I don't know enough about Ruby to know how to grant such permission, so if this is indeed the culprit, it would be wonderful if someone could write instructions for this step for the Ruby-illiterate.
I agree. I recall seeing this...but have no clue about how to do this. On another note, I can access the app directly from another computer outside my network and the Add button works fine via Firefox so I'm not sure if the problem lies in some funky Ruby permissions or not. Might try doing a total reset of the phone just to be sure. I'll also check a few other people's phones to see if they exhibit the same issue.

Just tested it on another iPhone. Add button doesn't work on it either. Hmm...will look into the Ruby permissions as well. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalm View Post

This I believe is if you are using the Leopard firewall to prevent incoming connections. The default for Leopard is to allow all connections; you can optionally set to only allow certain applications or only core services. If you set to allow only certain applications, when you ran "ruby script/server" Leopard would have asked you to all ruby to accept incoming connections.

If you are able to access the Web app from your phone or a different computer, then ruby has permission to accept incoming connections. You can check this under System Preferences -> Security -> Firewall.

OK, I'm trying this for this for the first time and I get the error when trying to start the server:

Code:
_ = /usr/local/bin/ruby
RAILS_ENV = development
script/../config/../vendor/rb-appscript-0.3.1/ae.bundle: [BUG] Bus Error
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i686-darwin8.8.1]

Abort trap

I tried installing tha current appscript gem, which went fine, but didn't change this error...

-P

Any suggestions how/where to create an OF icon for an iphone webclip in 1.1.3? I see the icon is included in the public folder.

In regards to the problem with the Add button not working, I've narrowed it down to being a problem with the IUI code (http://code.google.com/p/iui/). As to the exact problem, I'm not sure. Could be how the HTML code is formatted. Could be a CSS issue. Could be a javascript issue. Not entirely sure. But I do have a static HTML page that I'm working off of so I can strip it down till it doesn't fail anymore. :)

Jeff

Great news, I look forward to trying it out. Thanks for working on it.

Hmm....looks like somebody forgot to close an anchor tag. Here's the corrected code:

/app/views/main/index.rhtml

Code:
<ul id="home" title="Contexts" selected="true">
	<li>
    <a href="/inbox">Inbox <span class="count"><%= @inbox_count %></span></a>
  </li>

<% @contexts.each {|c| %>
	<li>
    <a href="/context/view/<%= c.ctx_id %>">
      <% if c.is_subcontext %>
        <span class="subcontext"><%= c.name %></span>
      <% else %>