The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbie: An action requiring a follow-up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since that didn't work, I tried: in the outbox, I selected, "apply act on rule" and I chose the Act On Waiting rule. That didn't work either

Quote:
Originally Posted by yennta View Post
CURRENTLY: Okay, it's an Outbox rule, but is it supposed to be listed as an Act On rule? as shown in the first image? "Act On rules.jpg"
No, it should be under Outbox Rules. Select the rule in Act-On Rules, right click, and select Move to Outbox Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijin View Post
No, it should be under Outbox Rules. Select the rule in Act-On Rules, right click, and select Move to Outbox Rules.
Tried THAT. Still doesn't work. And I don't understand why Growl has no response, even "failed" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yennta View Post
And then the Act On rule is invoked in the Outbox as "Act On Waiting" ?
Quote:
Since that didn't work, I tried: in the outbox, I selected, "apply act on rule" and I chose the Act On Waiting rule. That didn't work either
The rule (and therefore the script the rule points to) is automatically triggered when you send your email. There is no need to assign it an Act-On keyword. The only reasons you need Act-On for this script is because Act-On creates the Outbox Rules tabe in Mail Preferences > Rules.

Weird thing is when Omni Focus isn't on, sending the mail with the tag and the rules turns it on. But it doesn't do anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijin View Post
The rule (and therefore the script the rule points to) is automatically triggered when you send your email. There is no need to assign it an Act-On keyword. The only reasons you need Act-On for this script is because Act-On creates the Outbox Rules tabe in Mail Preferences > Rules.
I didn't give it an act on keyword.

I have no idea why this isn't working, but it just isn't. I've followed your instructions exactly, and it still hasn't worked. Thanks so much for your help. This script is eating up my life. Unless you can think of anything else, I have to give up on it.

Can you post a screenshot of the rule you created, as well as the path for where you placed the rule?

-- EDIT: Sorry, I missed this information upthread. --

Last edited by kaijin; 2009-09-13 at 05:08 PM..

The steps you're using seem to be solid and I can't reproduce the issue. A thought: If you've recently downloaded MailTags, you're probably using MailTags 2.3b351 (the build posted on their main site). I reverted to MT 2.2.3, a previous stable build, since I had issues with the beta version. I've not tested this script using 2.3b351 and wonder if this is the issue. I believe another OF user posted a similar issue in the MT forum. If there hasn't been a solution offered in that thread, you can email the MT developer. Perhaps you could send a message a simplictybliss as well.

I'm using 2.3. I'll look at the site and see if I can get an earlier version. I've sent a message to simplicybliss and haven't gotten a response. Thanks for all your help.

Just discovered Clippings in OF. That does pretty much all I need. I can add a "waiting" context to each clip I send over to OF from mail. No rules required.