The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to use hammock task for client feedback? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

At some stage within a project, we need to wait for client feedback. I believe you need to create a hammock task for this.

However, during (re)scheduling this hammock task can get a duration of zero hours. Which means no time for feedback at all. Since it's a hammock task, I can't enter any duration.

I would like to create a hammock task with let's say a minimum duration of 1 day.

Is this possible? Or should I use another method?

Last edited by jefvdv; 2013-04-12 at 04:51 AM..

Hammock tasks ends are entirely extrinsic to the hammock task itself. The hammock task starts at the beginning or end of a task and ends at the beginning or end of a (potentially different) task. It's meant to represent on going effort during a certain phase of your project.

Waiting for feedback before you can move on to the next phase of your project sounds more like an external milestone. You can't really assign more of your own resources to waiting to wait faster, or control when you're actually going to receive the feedback. Depending on what your resources are doing while you're waiting for feedback I think I'd set it up like the attached image. This approach is "you have one day while you're waiting for feedback. Try to make yourself useful". I've used that to illustrate a hammock task. If the feedback comes in late, you can add a start constraint to the "receive feedback" milestone and the hammock task will lengthen. The minimum of 1 day is accomplished by a dependency with a lead time.

-Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Time.png
Views:	600
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	2759