The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What I Wish we had in Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
This is what I really wish we had in Omnifocus:

. GTD App
- Setup my version as GTD Server
- Establish Teammates
- Set Permissions on Tasks (only the assigned teammate can update their assigned task)
- Team can see all Shared Tasks (the GTD Server owner can decide what to Share and what to keep hidden - Permissions on a Project or Context basis)
. Teammate GTD app
- Connect to GTD Server
- See their tasks
- add their tasks
- check off completed tasks
- edit their tasks
. Growl Notifications
- Teammates notified when
. New tasks assigned
. Tasks completed
. Edits done to tasks
. When Ticklers or Due Dates approach
. Email Sharing
- Click on link in email and have it open in GTD app

I think theirs a great opportunity for a GTD app to solve this issue for Collaborative environments. We don't all need a full blown PM app to get stuff done, but we do need a flexible and intuitive Task based system to share so we can all focus on the Big as well as Detailed picture.

And yes, I use Omniplan, but the lack of Sharing in it makes it cumbersome to use, and honestly, I don't see a need for my team to peruse the Gant Chart when all they really need is their Task List and to be able to update and edit them in real time and have the whole team know the state of any given task on the project.

:)

Yeah, I know, I sound like a broken record...but hey, the iPad app is done now. :P

GTD2CYA
-policarpo | designer

Last edited by policarpo; 2010-07-22 at 10:34 AM..