The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

projects & tasks go missing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I create a new folder for projects being in INBOX view , as I shuffle tasks from projects between folders, tasks and projects are disappearing from OMNIFOCUS.

iCal sync is not working properly. OMNIFOCUS can see my calendars and I can associate contexts to calendars. I would expect a task from an associated calendar/context with a certain due date to show up in iCAL at that certain due date. That is not happening.

-------------
OmniFocus/1.7.5/GM-v77.41.7
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)

OmniFocus isn't really designed for managing things that are in iCal and it's not unexpected that tasks that are in the inbox aren't showing up in other places. I think that you may want to go through one of the tutorial videos and see if that answers your questions.

In particular, the sync with iCal puts OmniFocus actions into the calendar as To Do items, not as appointment items. There isn't really a good mapping between "hour long task that must be completed no later than Thursday at 4pm" and a calendar entry, unless it is already 3pm on Thursday.

A clean install fixed the the issues.
Working fine now.

Thanks
-------------
OmniFocus/1.7.5/GM-v77.41.7
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)