The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New User Questions: Repeating Actions, Email Actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As a former, longtime user of "Things", I'm finding much to like about Omnifocus. However, there are two features of Things I'm having trouble doing with Omnifocus.

First, Things lets me create repeating tasks by specifying a certain time of the month. For example, repeat a task on the 15th of every month. How do I do this with OF?

Second, how do I select a group of actions, or a project, or a context and email the actions with notes? In Things I commonly organize a group of tasks into a group named after a person. OF makes this kind of organization easy with "contexts", but I'd like to be able to email all the actions in an individual's context to them. I can drag an action into the Mac Mail icon, but the notes don't come with it.

Thanks,
Tom

To email a set of actions with notes, you could define a matching perspective and then use the Print function to create a PDF (and send it directly from the Print dialog).

Repeat is easy: open the inspector window, set a due date, and then edit the "repeats" section for "every 1 month". See here: