The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Things -> Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
@thackett This is what my Today perspective looks like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-04-21 at 2.50.39 AM.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1850

Notice that I use the estimated time column for ordering tasks in my today list. For anyone interested, here is more discussion about settings in the Today perspective: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=20623

And a very useful video (when creating the layout for it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIu8JI4rKQM

Last edited by devastat; 2011-04-21 at 05:42 AM..

And here is my toolbar in the "Things" setup.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-04-21 at 10.16.50 AM.png
Views:	773
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	1852

Last edited by devastat; 2011-04-21 at 05:43 AM..

General FYI:

Started off in Things - do love the GUI. However, needed something more and went to Omnifocus. Got a little cumbersome so went back to Things.

Finally, I'm back to Omnifocus for good. Several reasons:

1. Cloud Sync - sorry Things but I'm not going to wait while you guys try to figure out what everyone else has

2. Structure - the "flexible" structure of Things is nice and enticing. However, when I've got to run a Company and need a systematic way to organize all my activities by department I've come to realize there is nothing better than Omnifocus.

Took awhile but I'm here and that's that.

dhthinker

Welcome to the world of OmniFocus!

I think the beauty of OmniFocus is its flexibility. I've found that my OmniFocus setup has evolved over the years to fit any new methodologies that I had been testing out. We are all unique individuals and we have a certain idea of what our task management workflow would look like. As we discuss methodologies in these forums as well as in other user forums, we slowly adopt new ideas and improve our own workflow and quality of life.

Now, come on over and have some of this delicious and refreshing Kool Aid!

If you mods don't think it would be perceived as a rude nose-thumbing kind of a gesture, I'd say this thread would be a good sticky. It's the most comprehensive and helpful "Getting used to OF from Things" thread I've seen.

It is a very useful thread, but we try to reserve sticky status to threads that will be useful to the majority of visitors. I'm not sure we're quite at that point here.

It does seem like linking to it from the FAQ would be a good idea, though. I'll do that next - thanks for the suggestion!