The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Serious lock-up on Hewlett Packard site Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all, first post here, I've just registered to report this.

On www.hewlettpackard.com , navigate to English United Kingdom (I haven't tried this on the US site), point but don't click Small & Medium Business and select Printers and Multifunction, then HP Color Inkjet. Scroll down and, if you want to experience the total lock-up, select HP Officejet Pro K550 Color Printer series. This may work with any, but that's as far as I got. Apart from locking up OW, my iBook was totally incapacitated. I tried to open Activity Monitor, which opened eventually; 'Quit Process' wouldn't work, nor would command/option/esc. SBBOD and I was forced into a hard shutdown.

Safari doesn't display the same symptoms and loads the same link faultlessly, though slowly.

I will be reporting this to HP, of course, but I would be interested in any explanation. I suspect Java, but not being that knowledgeable, don't feel qualified to state categorically.

TT

iBook G4, 10.4.8. All relevant updates installed

Last edited by trailertrash; 2007-03-02 at 01:59 AM..

I duplicated the steps with my 2 Macs (Mac Pro and MacBook Pro) and had similar lock-ups. I say similar because neither system ever became totally incapacitated. I had a spinning beach ball for awhile and eventually Omniweb crashed allowing me to send in crash reports. I don't know if the difference is with the Intel processors? The amount of RAM?

If anyone has an idea of what to look for in the crash report I would be happy to post any relevant part of it.