The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

zoomed text editor icon coming back in 5.6? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

Is the zoomed text editor coming back, or is the new location in the status bar permanent? The reason I'm asking is that I don't usually have the status bar displayed.

i agree!
i also don't have the status bar visible usually.

Is there any chance we will get resizable textareas like in Safari, rather than (or in addition to) the zoomed text editor? I love the resizable textareas, and they are far more elegant than the zoomed text editor IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous
Is there any chance we will get resizable textareas like in Safari, rather than (or in addition to) the zoomed text editor? I love the resizable textareas, and they are far more elegant than the zoomed text editor IMO.
Yes, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous
For those interested in the Safari resizable text area. We're creating a hidden preference that will enable them in OmniWeb. Or you can create a custom style sheet that includes this:

textarea {
resize: both !important;
}

Looks like builds after r89238 will enable resizable textareas with this default command in the terminal:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 ShowResizableTextAreas -bool true

That's excellent news - the CSS hack also works very well with the current build!

2 great nuggets of info! Thanks for the update!

This is the exact tip I needed; omniweb is now leaps & bounds ahead of any other browser I've used. Thanks!

-- Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Looks like builds after r89238 will enable resizable textareas with this default command in the terminal:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 ShowResizableTextAreas -bool true

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahg View Post
This is the exact tip I needed; omniweb is now leaps & bounds ahead of any other browser I've used. Thanks!

-- Sarah
Yes indeed it is. However someone here reported the feature showing up in a sneakypeak, which is strange because used most SP's and this never showed up for me and it still is not available in 5.8 until I added the preference to the plist.