The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

[SOLVED] new update gives me eternal syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The only good thing with this is that I am finally looking closer att Things. :-) I have deleted all Omnifocus related data and await the next release (and I will surely look closely at these forums before I start using it). Meanwhile I use Things and see what they have come up with. (only impressed by the interface so far, the system is far from OF quality)

I turned on istat and saw that OF was using 80% of my CPU trying to sync. This is a major disappointment. I am going back to the non sync version for now as I still prefer OF to Things (plus I paid for OF) but I am a little disgruntled by this latest development.

Here is how I fixed the problem! Run the script posted here, http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9164
This is the first topic on the forum titled "Best Practices to reduce Sync Conflicts". I now have one zip file and iPhone sync is really fast.

ugh. add me to the list. syncing doesn't work anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionDog View Post
Here is how I fixed the problem! Run the script posted here, http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9164
This is the first topic on the forum titled "Best Practices to reduce Sync Conflicts". I now have one zip file and iPhone sync is really fast.
I'm wondering if this is a short term thing. The problem might be that .ofocus folder getting too large. So as they build up again you'll see the problem crop up (unless we get a fix on the Tuesday update).

BTW, I tried it too and I'm back to normal. But I did a second sync and I now have two zip files. So I'm thinking that each sync is creating a zip file (which I don't understand why).

I've turned off all syncing on all devices by now until they get this resolved. One can only hope they're aware and working on it. While it's inconvenient in that I can't use it with my iPhone for the time being, at least I can transfer a backup between my laptop and work machine.

I'm trying to get rid of my Idisk ofocus file. The file is completely locked up. I can't delete it, modify it or move it. Finder keeps telling me the file is in use. Anyone have an idea on how to get rid of this file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionDog View Post
I can confirm that this was working for me too, so the the problem is solved, at least for now.

Well i resolved my issue by resetting and syncing to a different idisk folder altogether. I have been unable to do anything with the original database as finder keeps telling me that the file is in use no matter what I do. I am now syncing very quickly on both ends using the new folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdtDelta View Post
But I did a second sync and I now have two zip files. So I'm thinking that each sync is creating a zip file (which I don't understand why).
Yes, each sync adds a new .zip file. More details here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9282