The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

actions are immovable Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Moving tasks, in my opinion is not really intuitive for the new user. The best approach I've found is to point to the dot (circle) at the beginning of the task line you want to move, and use it as a handle to move the task.

The margin area to the left of the dot is the best location to select multiple tasks, and then after selecting several tasks, I typically point to the text of any one of them and drag the text. All of the selected tasks can be moved in this fashion, though dragging the dot on any one of them will work as well. Hope this helps, John.

Also note that as long as you're not in edit mode, you can actually grab a row anywhere within an action's Name field and drag as well.

This is usually what I do if I have a hand on the mouse. Otherwise, I use the keyboard shortcut: Command-Control-up/down arrow.

-Dennis