The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

managing big things on a small phone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
You've all inspired me to give the laptop another go. In fact, looking at it now i think my problem was more with "applying GTD" than "applying OmniFocus". John's suggestion about using the off-line time to process material is a great one and i can't believe I didn't think of it those terms myself.

Thanks all for taking the time to post your thoughts, i really appreciate it. I'm actually looking forward to taking the MacBook into work with me tomorrow.

Please let us know how it works out after you've had some time to get used to it!

Also, have you tried VMware Fusion or something similar for running Windows side-by-side with OS X on your MacBook? It's allowed me to return the Dell laptop my employer provided so I only need one laptop.

-Dennis

Great suggestion Dennis. I've used Parallels in this way for a couple of years now and it runs fairly seemlessly, although when left unattended for hours, Parallels has a tendency to lock up. But it is a simple stop and restart the VM to get it going again. One day I'll probably give VMWare a try. John

I agree with op on this one, and have often felt the same way about the iPhone app. For me, the solution was making more use of the location based functions of the tool.

Apart from all the specific locations like local grocery stores etc, I have all of my work contexts set to my office location. This allows an overview of all relevant contexts on one screen.