The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Selecting Multiple Items in OmniFocus for Mac, iPad, and iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I just bought on the focus both for the iPhone, the iPad, and for the Mac.
So far, I like it okay, but there are a couple of conventional usability text, that don't seem to work in any of those three products.

How do I select more than one task, for example: to assign these tasks to a group, or a context, or assign everyone of those task the exact same due date and time?
I would need to know how to this can be done within all three versions.
PS: the tasks will most likely not be following one after the other, in all other applications on both iOS and OS 10, you can simply hold down the option key to select individual items but it seems that Omni focus is not following that convention.

The Mac is the only one that will let you do batch changes. As mentioned in a different thread, the standard Mac OS X selection picking approach works, but you need to click on the row handles, not the row text.

Where are you seeing an option key in iOS?

If you have a bunch of actions where you want to set the same context, you can take advantage of the behavior of action groups with contexts. Make an action in the same location as the actions you want to assign to a context. Set its context to be the context you want for the others. Now move those actions into this action with the Move button (first one has to be done this way) and/or the drag and drop editing. All actions without contexts moved to be the child of an action or project which does have a context assigned will have their context set to be the context of the parent. You can then move them elsewhere and the context will stay set. This is pretty fluid on the iPad once you know the trick, but it doesn't help you with dates, unfortunately. I find it inconvenient to use the iPhone/iPod touch for much other than capture or ticking off completed actions; I'm not going to attempt to do any substantial Inbox processing or overall reorganization with it.

Got an answer from the support team... selecting multiple items in iOS version of OmniFocus is not possible... but maybe in development