The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Making tasks show 'calendar' time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been batting omniplan around for a while now and can't seem to make a task that is set as four weeks display as 4w.

I have tried fiddling with the work week, to no avail.

As I am about to go into a major project I can't really trust OnmiPlan is going to do the right thing and mess my schedule up, or worse, I will look at the task list and tell someone a task will take 1 week 2.75 days and it is only a week on the chart.

BTW 1 week on the Gantt chart is showing as 1w2.57d

HELP!

It sounds like your 1 week task has been assigned to a resource which is working at 66% availability, which means the task will be 1w 2.576d in duration.

The effort/duration distinction can be confusing at first; I know I had to play around with it quite a bit to get any comfort level established, and as I recall the sample files available on the website and used in the tutorials don't really touch on this. Rereading the manual around page 48 or so (at least in the online copy) might help. Can you post a simple example of your problem?

I don't actually have any resources, so clicking between the effort and duration has no effect.

I may well have to resort to excel for robustness! aaaaahhhhhhaaah!

Your example doesn't seem to show the problem you report...

If you don't want us to see some confidential data, you can use the Help->Send Feedback command to start composing a message that will have a sanitized version of your file (everything will be Task 1, Task 2, notes replaced with gibberish, etc.). Drag that file to the desktop, zip it up and attach it to a forum post and we can have a look...

If you look at the chart, the bar is showing 5 days, but it is reporting 1 week.

If you stretch the bar out to a week (7 days) it reports back as a week and xdays

You have your settings for display set to 1 work week = 40 hours....so it is doing exactly the right thing!

Reading my post here may be helpful.

Thanks for the assist whpalmer4. :-)