The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do you move task labels? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm able to get a label to post to the left of a task bar, but want to move it below as I've seen in other examples. How do you do that? Thanks!

Happy to help - I think "View Options", under the View menu, has the controls you're looking for. If I misunderstood your request, I apologize in advance. :-)

I've tried that, but don't see anything that allows me to move the label below the task bar as opposed to the left of the task bar. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Can you point us at one of these examples? I don't recall seeing one.

You can put labels to the left, right or on top of the Gantt bars, but OmniPlan doesn't support above or below. Things are close enough together in the Gantt View that such labels might often overlaps a different tasks' bar and lead to a lot of visual confusion.

Can you tell me how I'd move the labels on top of the Gantt bars then? I haven't been able to find it/figure that out yet...Thanks!

The View->View Options... command is what you want again. In the Task Labels section on the right, you have three columns, each of which is a chooser doodad (to use the technical term), and you simply select the item you want displayed in that spot.

The "chooser doodad" technical reference was just enough! Thanks- problem solved!