The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need Fiscal Date Pattern Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know of a way to change the date pattern in OmniPlan to support a pattern that is different than the calendar year? My corporation's fiscal year follows an April 1 thru March 31 date pattern, so presenting Gantt charts in a calendar year format for projects that span quarters and years is quite confusing for my people.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cy confuses fy audience.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	299  

Quote:
Originally Posted by technosapian View Post
Does anyone know of a way to change the date pattern in OmniPlan to support a pattern that is different than the calendar year? My corporation's fiscal year follows an April 1 thru March 31 date pattern, so presenting Gantt charts in a calendar year format for projects that span quarters and years is quite confusing for my people.
There isn't a way to set the date pattern in OmniPlan. Some users have asked for the ability to set fiscal quarters or academic semesters, so we have a feature request open for this. I'll add your vote and comments to the request.

I need need this functionality. My fiscal year starts July 1st.

Could use it myself. I constantly brief my schedules to an FY centric audience by telling them to add 1 to the CY qtr to get a FY qtr. When qtr = 4 in a CY, reset qtr to one, and add one to CY. They look at me like I have a third eye growing out of my head.

I wonder how many votes are needed with these things sitting in the feature request queue? I'd be glad to create a couple three hundred bogus accounts to help push it along? :)

Just kidding. Would really like to see this happen soon...

I would also like this functionality. We plan Federal projects with years 10/1 through 9/30.

ME TOO! My work as a DoD contractor means I follow the Fed's fiscal calendar, not the normal calendar year.

Votes added for everyone. Thanks!

I really need to have this feature added as well.

Vote added. Thanks!

I cast my vote for this as well, both for fiscal year and academic semesters too..!

Thanks;