The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnigraffle canvas settings for 12-column grid? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to use Omnigraffle to design a wireframe grid for a responsive web site.

The site uses a 12-column grid at 1000 pixels across. I am using Foundation 3.

However, even a generic 12-column Omnigraffle grid would suffice; all I need to do is draw boxes that snap to the 12 grid lines to work out how I want to nest my columns.

The problem is, all the canvas settings seem to be in multiples of print pages, I see no way to simply get a canvas of 1000 pixels (or similar).

Can you please explain the process to get a canvas template I can use?

Did you try just typing "1000 pixel" in the boxes for canvas size?

No, it does not work. I type in 1000px, it changes to 13 and some odd inches. I can't change the "units" to pixels, it stays on inches.

Also, to then create a grid of 12 even columns is difficult. It would seem OG is not very well suited to wireframing like this, unless I am missing something.

1000 pixels * 1 inch / 72 pixels= 13 8/9 inches. In the same inspector, change the Ruler units from inches to pixels and I think you'll find that everything is now calibrated in pixels or points.