The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

reoccuring that doesn't get done Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I set up a daily tasks, under the project 'daily' in an attempt to starts some good habits

Daily
* floss
* meditate
* walk

all is well if I do these every day. What gets confusing is if I don't don one one day --- Either I forget and can't.

I could click them, thus creating one for the next day, but I find that not efficient since if I was to look back to them (and/or I figure a way to export to spread sheets) I want to know when I didn't do something. (I have several reasons for this --- to look at factors that contributed to not doing them (weather, company, slept late))

does anyone have a suggestion

thanks

When you set your task to repeat daily, you can set the Repeat From section of the inspector to Completion Date, rather than Assigned Date. That way, you're new task will appear one day after you have completed the previous one, even if you skipped a day. Is that what you want?

The problem I've found with using completed... is if there is a start date and a due date on an item, it won't move the item into the future. Odd.

Also, there are some items that need to be on assigned... birthdays are a good example.

This widget will allow a user to use completed using assigned, skip over any days missed, and completed the task so it shows up in the future.

So something missed last week...
complete it with the widget
it changes the date to today
completes the task so it moves into the future.

www.krank.us

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
The problem I've found with using completed... is if there is a start date and a due date on an item, it won't move the item into the future. Odd.
It seems to work fine for me. I use it all the time, for example, for mowing the lawn. I have the start date being one day before the due date, repeating weekly from completed date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambi View Post
When you set your task to repeat daily, you can set the Repeat From section of the inspector to Completion Date, rather than Assigned Date. That way, you're new task will appear one day after you have completed the previous one, even if you skipped a day. Is that what you want?

thanks ---

In a different situation I had problems with 'completeion' so I didn't use or think of it

thanks you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambi View Post
It seems to work fine for me. I use it all the time, for example, for mowing the lawn. I have the start date being one day before the due date, repeating weekly from completed date.
Hmm... that is interesting.

Try switching to repeat to a daily basis. See if you get the same error I am getting.

I would like to add -- while changing
Quote:
task to repeat daily, you can set the Repeat
has solved my question, I would like to find a way to mark something as not done, so I can move to the next day. For me it is a personal use, but I would think people who bill for actions, would want to have the ability to look back and see if they did a daily task, last March

What I've done on occasion for this sort of thing is to simply check the item off as completed (so that the next one will be created) but then go back and make an annotation either in the action name or note field that it wasn't actually done. It's a little easier with a repeating project, as you can complete a project without actually completing the contained actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What I've done on occasion for this sort of thing is to simply check the item off as completed (so that the next one will be created) but then go back and make an annotation either in the action name or note field that it wasn't actually done. It's a little easier with a repeating project, as you can complete a project without actually completing the contained actions.

I see how that is possible, you can also unclick it, which unfortunately leaves you with two of the items due at the same time