The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contexts organized alphabetically Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was wondering if it was possible to have an option that allows you to organize your contexts alphabetically in Context View. I think it would be easier to find my contexts if they were organized in some kind of logical manner.

Just in case you hadn't noticed this, you can drag the contexts in the sidebar to reorder them. Nested contexts are also super-handy for creating a logical organization.

I personally use an order where my home-only contexts are at the top, then my work-or-home contexts, then my work-only contexts. This lets me use shift clicks to focus on the home contexts or the work contexts.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by powdercoat
I was wondering if it was possible to have an option that allows you to organize your contexts alphabetically in Context View. I think it would be easier to find my contexts if they were organized in some kind of logical manner.
I'm curious, how many contexts do you support??

Well, I haven't read David Allen's book, so maybe I have too many. I've counted 10.

I have 7 top-level contexts, but 24 altogether.

Curt