The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help!How can I paste an item without the style? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Every time when I copy something from a PDF file and paste them into the OO,I have to adjust the style from it appears in the original PDF to the level default style.Can the app automatically change the style of the item I pasted elsewhere to the level default style?If so ,how ? THX

Edit --> Paste with current style?

See also Format --> Clear Style, which clears any special styles from the selection but retains level styles.

Curt

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2010-08-11 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: More info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Edit --> Paste with current style?

See also Format --> Clear Style, which clears any special styles from the selection but retains level styles.
Thanks ,it works! But,the shortcut for this is a bit complicated ,can I just make it a little easier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecio View Post
Thanks ,it works! But,the shortcut for this is a bit complicated ,can I just make it a little easier?
Yes. Use the keyboard preferences in System Preferences to swap the shortcuts for Edit->Paste and Edit->Paste with Current Style. Then use the menu for the one with the tricky shortcut on the rare occasions that you need it.

But note that the shortcut is standard across many Mac apps. If you don't mind different shortcuts in different apps, then changing it is a good approach. But if you want the apps to match, then it may be less work to learn the shortcut than to change it in lots of apps.

(I always think of this shortcut as "mash down all the modifier keys, and press V".)

Curt