The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sending Tasks To Omnifocus From A Win PC Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have a Mac at home, an iPad and iPhone all running OF.

At work I'm sadly stuck with Windows 7.

I'd love a way of sending tasks but predominantly browser links to OF for review later - is this possible?

Some kind of web interface to OF would be incredible.

Thanks

David

If you're mostly sending browser links, you can use OmniFocus' Mail processing abilities to good effect. Set up an email account in the OmniFocus Mail preferences, check the box to add the Mail rule, then just mail the links to that address and they will appear in your Inbox when you next open the Mail program on your Mac. It can be beneficial to use a separate account for this because if the message gets read elsewhere before the Mail program runs, the rule won't be triggered and you won't get the message contents transferred to OmniFocus.

If you want to mail yourself actions from possibly arbitrary email accounts, see http://people.omnigroup.com/dave/link-o-tron.html which generates messages that can come from any account (unlike the setup above, where the sending account has to be registered with OmniFocus in advance), but you'll need to click on the link in the message when you receive it to actually add the action to OmniFocus.

thank you whpalmer 4. you explain why my e-mail to create an action doesn't work all the time; I needed to have Mail open! Duh!