The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search stencils broken Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Every time I look for a stencil in the stencils panel and I use the search form I get error results:

“2---------.sql” could not be handled because OmniGraffle Pro cannot open files in the “Plain Text File” format.

The thing is that Omnigraffle is looking everywhere for the stencils, instead of looking only in the stencil folder in ~/library/Application Support/Omnnigraffle...

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this behaviour?

Thanks

Hey, I'm also receiving this problem. Seems to have started following latest upgrade to 5.3.6 (I'm on OSX 10.6.8)

They seem to be all over the place too, on various volumes etc.
Various types etc...

I am on 10.6.8. 5.3.6.

THis is a real bug!

Last edited by symonty; 2011-12-09 at 12:15 AM.. Reason: Added OS info

Any of the Omni guys can confirm this is a bug? Is someone looking at this??

What are you typing into the search field? I tried it this morning with the 5.4 beta test image and 10.6.8 and it behaved as expected. I don't see anything about stencil bugfixes in the release notes...

Worth trying in a different account to see if the problem follows...and if you want to be sure Omni sees the problem, use Help->Send Feedback.

Upon rereading the release notes, I do see that there's a bugfix for this in the 5.4 beta builds:

"Addressed an issue where the Stencil Window search could recognize certain files that are not stencils based on their file extension."

So, go try out the beta build at http://www.omnigroup.com/products/om...oad/sneakypeek and see if it works better for you.