The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Task marked complete in X time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I wrote this feature request in...was interested in feedback.

Feature request: I'd like the ability to set a time limit on a task so that it is marked as complete after time has expired. For example, a task called "wait for laundry to dry" I would like to expire in 50 minutes so that when I'm in my "@home" context, "retrieve laundry from dryer" will display when the clothes have dried, without me having to keep track of the time and manually check off "wait for laundry to dry" from my "@waiting" context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Daniel View Post
I wrote this feature request in...was interested in feedback.

Feature request: I'd like the ability to set a time limit on a task so that it is marked as complete after time has expired.
I think that's the kind of task that should be handled by your calendar program. It's a "hard landscape" kind of thing. I would handle it by setting a timer in Meridian, or even just telling Quicksilver to remind me of it. A more complicated flow could be handled in FlexTime or a similar program.

You might be able to AppleScript this behavior, though, if you really wanted, since iCal can trigger a script.

Wouldn't it work to forget the "wait for laundry to dry" task, and set a start time for "retrieve laundry from dryer" to 50 minutes from now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Wouldn't it work to forget the "wait for laundry to dry" task, and set a start time for "retrieve laundry from dryer" to 50 minutes from now?
Maybe a start time set to "50 minutes from previous action". Here's another example. For a project "Pay bills" I may have action: deposit check @errand --> wait for check to clear @waiting ----> pay bills @computer. The day I can pay my bills depends on when I deposit them. I'd like to have that set up in my planning of the project instead of having to wait until I make the deposit to add the next action.

Oh I see. This would be rather like relative due dates that I've seen requested on the forum.