The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus vs Things: any transition advice? and multiple contexts question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,
Recently, my responsibilities and tasks have been evolving into series of projects and complicated tasks spanning several areas of responsibilities, so I am trying to redesign/restructure my workflow and daily routines.

I've been using Things for many years, and I have been pretty happy with it. However, I think Omnifocus may improve my productivity, so I am currently trying the new Omnifocus(beta test version).

If you have extensively used Things and made a switch to OF, what was your reason and how did the transition improve your productivity? What is the main difference?

Also a question concerning the multiple contexts. When I use Things, I don't assign many tags since the action of tagging itself is somewhat anti-productive and does not necessarily help me, but I usually have 2~3 tags/contexts, primarily location and mood/energy level. I have been reading about the multiple contexts issue on Omnifocus, but I still cannot find a resolution.

For example, I'd like to filter my tasks with two primary contexts: location and energy level/mood. I could make a single action list with specific location, but I often have projects where some of the tasks are location specific(requires certain equipments at the lab) while some are not (such as researching or data processing).

At this point, I just have 3 hours of experience with OF, so I would appreciate your help/advice!