The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPhone OS 3.1 and Calendar Subscriptions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It looks like iPhone OS 3.1 enables syncing of subscribed calendars in iCal on your Mac. In other words, any calendars you've subscribed to in iCal on your Mac now get synced to the Calendar app on your iPhone (at least they do if you use Apple's MobileMe over-the-air syncing).

This has been a long-desired feature by many but can cause some confusion with OmniFocus' due soon calendar if you subscribe to it on both your iPhone and on your Mac. If you're subscribed on both Mac and iPhone, and you sync your calendar data over Apple's MobileMe sync service, your OmniFocus due soon events will appear twice in your iPhone Calendar app (once for the direct subscription from iPhone's Calendar app and once from the sync with iCal via MobileMe).

The workaround seems to be to just not subscribe to the OmniFocus due soon calendar in iCal on your Mac. I kind of liked being able to see those due soon events in iCal, but that's not worth having duplicates in the Calendar app on my iPhone.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
... OmniFocus' due soon calendar if you subscribe to it on both your iPhone and on your Mac. ...
-Dennis
Hi Dennis,

How do you subscribe the Mac to the due soon calendar? I could not figure out how to do it on the Mac side.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave. It's pretty easy:
  1. Go to the Calendar -> Subscribe... menu item in iCal.

2. Enter the URL of your due soon calendar like this: https://idisk.me.com/<username>/Documents/DueSoon.ics

3. Then set the desired configuration options on the resulting sheet. I think it'll also prompt you for your iDisk password since it's using an encrypted connection.

An "OmniFocus Reminders" calendar should then appear under the Subscriptions heading in iCal's sidebar.

-Dennis

Apple has confirmed that iPhone OS 3.1 does indeed sync subscribed calendars from iCal now if you use MobileMe syncing. See this article for more info:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1213

So watch out if you're subscribing to your OmniFocus due soon calendar on both your iPhone/iPod touch and on your Mac -- you'll get duplicate calendars on your iPhone/iPod if you do.

Also note that the subscription calendar synced from your Mac only gets updated through your Mac (i.e. only when your Mac checks the DueSoon.ics file, updates its calendar in iCal, and then sends it over to your iPhone/iPod via MobileMe sync).

At this point, it seems best if you only subscribe to the OmniFocus due soon calendar from your iPhone/iPod, not from your Mac.

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2009-09-10 at 03:05 PM..