The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reordering folders and multiple projects in same folder Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been able to reorder tasks inside a single project, so that, for example, I can change from

Project 1
Task 1
Task 2
Task 3

To

Project 1
Task 3
Task 1
Task 2

But I can't seem to do the same with folders, subfolders, or multiple projects in the same folder. Does this feature exist?

What you do is drill down in the project view until the stuff you want to rearrange is visible in the sidebar. Then tap Edit Sidebar under the gear menu, drag the items to rearrange, tap Done. Pretty much the same routine as with the iPhone app.

@whpalmer: thanks - this is what I was looking for.

@omnigroup: this isn't as intuitive as would be useful in the ui...

It seems intuitive to me, but I can't exactly argue that should make it intuitive to you as well. The documentation could be a bit more generous in this area, I think. I already know how the feature works, and it still takes careful reading of the documentation to find that it is documented (a few sentences on the Using the Toolbar page). Like I used to say about Unix man pages, they aren't for learning how to use the program, they're for reminding you about what you must already know :-)