The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Freezing up all the time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This just started, pretty sure following most recent update

It freezes up almost immediately after I start using it

Anyone else having this problem

I'm having a different problem post-4.2.1 update: my inbox got "stuck" after I checked off two items; the first one went fine, the second one remains on the screen (checked off and struck-through), and although I can scroll up/down in my inbox, I can't open any action again. Just mailed the ninjas about this. (I'm assuming once I sync back to my Mac this should take care of it, but that could become a major problem if it turns out to be recurrent.)

You may be low on memory. I've discovered that after some use of both OmniFocus and other apps I'll eventually get to a state where tapping on actions in the outline doesn't do anything (and if I hook up the iPad console via the iPhone Configuration Utility, all sorts of messages about very low memory are emitted). One thing that sometimes works is going to a different perspective and then back. If that doesn't work, reboot the iPad.

This problem is likely made worse by 4.2 and multi-tasking—I wish Apple had put 512MB of RAM in the iPad like they did in the iPhone 4.

I think I figured out why it's freezing, it happens when I use the Built in omni ipad browser , for example if I have a link to a website in my note section