The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change Behavior of Closing Tabs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
no no no no, we don't want this "default Winblows behaviour". I know many people, including myself, who will go to a news-site and open up all the stories in new tabs. You now want to go through the tabs one by one, and not always come back to the previously selected tab!

What I would like however (as mentioned in a different post), is that when a new tab is selected as "a new window", then closing this tab will put you back to the previously selected tab. This is currently the behaviour in Firefox and I really like that (and it is about the only thing I like about that browser.....).

You folks need to use Tab Mix Plus add-on for Firefox. New links open next to the "parent" tab and go back to that parent when closed. If you open a set of links from the same parent, they open in succession next to each other (starting from the parent), but closing them you go to the prior daughter tab rather than jumping back to the parent each time. Works well enough.

Actually what is described is default behaviour with the newest version of FF . Still a sluggish browser though - although I really like the way it handles tabs and FAST

Ah, I hadn't used FF 2 in its plain vanilla configuration. IIRC, FF1.5 didn't do this without TMP.

Also Fx2 allows re-ordering of tabs, and a great "Recently closed tabs" menu item.

I was recently pointed towards Omniweb after getting more and more fed up with the amount of stuff I didn't use in Opera. It's a great browser, but I really want this option for closing tabs, I'd love to switch completely to Omniweb, but this and a couple of other features mean I probably won't any time soon.
Nick