The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problems with running Fallout & Fallout 2 in Snow Leopard (inside of VMWare Fusion) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
So, in preparing the move to Mac OS X Lion, I created a Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 VM for my important games that relied on Rosetta (StarCraft, Diablo, Tropico, Fallout & Fallout 2). Even though VMWare Fusion didn't support fully sound in an OS X VM, I got it to sorta work.

Whenever I tried launching Fallout or Fallout 2, that app would quit & something called OmniGroupCrashCatcher would launch. So, I saw a solution online that you need to move the following sound from the app bundle (same location inside the Fallout 2 app bundle): Fallout.app/Contents/Resources/duckandcover.aiff for the game to launch without the Crash Catcher launching. The games now launch but, in a very weird mode. The following pic is of the Fallout main screen:

And this pic of Fallout 2's main screen:

Both Fallout & Fallout 2 run fine on my Snow Leopard (10.6.8) partition though. Any ideas?