The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2 questions (feature request?) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

Two things I am wondering about...

1. Is there a way, a future plan, or anything to have OmniFocus converse and sync with Entourage?

2. Priorities on actions? There is a way to flag an action, but that is not enough of a granularity (On or Off only)... would have been great to have at least 3 states for an action. Say - Must, Nice To, Maybe... or alike.

Thanks,
Simon

Priorities is a topic that has come up a lot. Pure GTD doesn't include priorities, but with the number of people asking for it, it may be considered for a future version, but I don't know.

As for #1, Omni has stated the following:

"If Entourage has healthy AppleScript support, it would certainly be possible to create some scripts to do this (which could then be placed on the OmniFocus toolbar). But I'm not aware of any existing ways."

It doesn't sound like support for Entourage is coming. Can you sync to iCal and then from there to Entourage?

Thanks for the reply Pierre.

I use Entourage because it is convenient to have "everything in one place" like emails and tasks and specifically the Entourage projects (which can link files, emails, and tasks). Even though Task management is not the best there. Perhaps it will get better in the upcoming 2008. It is also convenient because I sync everything from Entourage to my Blackberry.

Though I am not that much of a "guru" with AppleScripts, and it does sound like quite a bit of work to explore this area. And I don't know if "simplify, simplify,..." would fit into the process of OF to iCal to Entourage... ;-)

Simon

There's a shareware set of Applescripts (that I haven't used) to sync iCal up to Entourage. Just google "iCal Entourage sync" and you'll find it.