The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniYes! vs. SP4 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As I moused over the "Yes!" movie link on the Mouth page, I noticed "...-480x320.mov".

Yet when I opened the page, the huge movie was centered in my browser window with the sides chopped off and no horizontal scrollbars.

"No problem - I'll click the magic green button and expand the window." Nope. That simply made the window taller (when it was tall enough to begin with).

Clue: When I saved the movie and opened it in QuickTime Player, I found it was originally 480 x 320, but it had been saved to play at 200%. Perhaps OmniWeb is looking at the wrong size values.

[copy of my formal bug report]

For me it played in a nice small window. Maybe someone fixed it. Thanks for the pointer.

I still see the movie at Double Size, even after Refreshing the page, closing the page, flushing the cache, and reopening the page, quitting and relaunching SP4, and reopening the movie.

I just downloaded the movie file from the Mouth page -- this time the movie is Actual Size.

Returning to the movie in my browser, I downloaded the file from the QuickTime Pro plug-in -- the movie is Double Size, and Finder Get Info reports it's about 34K bytes smaller than the file I directly downloaded from the movie link.

So it appears ...

1. The movie file was updated on the site between my first viewing and when Beth saw it.

2. SP4 seems to prefer showing me the earlier version.

Or maybe it's the Spring-ish temperature here in New England.

[Aside: As evidence of SP4's passion for page snapshots, I started entering this reply before quitting and relaunching OmniWeb. I was shocked to find my half-written note in my Omni Forums workspace.]

It did not play in my copy of sp4 at all. I had to "download link" in order to view it.