The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WebKit browsers still render some sites wrong Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For example, note the bad rendering of this shopping cart vs. the proper rendering in, say, Mac Firefox 1.5:

http://www.heintzmanfarms.com/eshop/

The code in that site is pretty bad. Seems to display as intended in FF, you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
The code in that site is pretty bad. Seems to display as intended in FF, you're right.
I'm sure the code is atrocious. I didn't even look at it. I just assumed it's useful to the developers to see sites that don't render right, and maybe try to assess why they're working OK in mozilla and report it to Apple, if nothing else. Thanks for the response.

You do bring up a question I've always wondered: how do browser developers decide what sloppy code to allow for? It's probably a trade secret.

Best way to get it "fixed" is to send feedback to a) Apple using Safari's bug reporting feature and b) to the site developer saying their coding sucks (OK maybe that last one might not help much, but it may make you feel better ;) ).