The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Opening Omni 5.6 Issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I open a browser window for the first time, it opens off center. Does anyone else experience this with OWeb 5.6? I want Omniweb to open up in the center of the screen everytime it starts, but cannot figure out a method to do this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Secondly, is there a way to remove the splash screen on startup?

(if these have been posted already, I apologize)

I think you have your window location saved off center. Try Placing a browser window in the center of the screen, then use "Save Window Size" in the Window menu.

Next time you open a window (with no other open windows) it should open in the center. Otherwise it will always open cascaded down and to the right of where the last window appeared.

NOTE: This will also save the size of your window (as the name of the command might suggest :))

As for your other question, there's no way to remove the splash screen at this time. Sorry about that.

Also note that window size and position is a status that is preserved by taking a snapshot, so if what Troy tells you doesn't work, it is probably because you have taken a snapshot in the past and you need to do it again with the window in the correct location and size that you want.