The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Restore question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My music database on my touch got corrupted somehow and I need to do a restore to get things working again. Question: am I going to lose all my OmniFocus data when I do the restore? I have not implemented syncing in any way yet, just the backup via iTunes.

Thanks,
Dave

Yes, this will cause you to lose all application data, including the OmniFocus data. I highly recommend finding some WebDAV server to back up your OmniFocus data first, whether it be a trial MobileMe account or one of the less-expensive options that others on these forums have been using, or to set up WebDAV on your computer. (There's even one currently-free OmniFocus-oriented WebDAV service that one member of the forums is hosting.)

Most of our testing is with MobileMe, and we don't currently endorse any other solutions, but there are certainly some solutions being used to success by other OmniFocus users.