The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.0 has shipped! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
January 8 is finally here, and OmniFocus 1.0 has shipped! I'm forwarding a copy of the press release below (with its links to our web site and online store).

Today's 1.0 release isn't the end of our journey, of course—it's simply our first non-beta release! We've already started planning out our future roadmap, thinking about how we can improve synchronization between multiple computers and about how we might be able to take advantage of the iPhone SDK when it's released next month.

While 1.0 isn't the end, it's certainly a significant milestone. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the whole team here at Omni for all the long hours, and to thank all of our families for their patience and support!

I'd also like to thank you all for your participation in the beta process: you've all given us an incredible amount of feedback (27,458 messages sent to us directly, with another 13,194 messages posted to our forums) which has really helped us make OmniFocus a stronger product. (And, of course, a special thanks to the 13,590 of you who pre-ordered: your support and vote of confidence is really appreciated!)

Enjoy!
Ken
Begin forwarded message:

Quote:
SEATTLE, Washington – January 8, 2008 – The Omni Group has announced the final release of OmniFocus 1.0, their advanced task management tool. OmniFocus is a personal productivity application that can be used to implement the Getting Things Done® work-life management method developed by David Allen, although it is flexible enough to accommodate different styles of personal organization.

OmniFocus is designed to quickly capture your thoughts and allow you to store, manage, and process them into actionable to-do items. Tasks can be assigned to projects and stored within contexts (for example: "Home", "Work", or "Garden"), with built-in visual cues that highlight the next action you need to take care of. OmniFocus helps you work smarter by giving you powerful tools for staying on track of all the things you need to do.

OmniFocus features include a quick entry panel, accessible via keyboard shortcut from any application, import for kGTD documents, iCal synchronization, extensive project and task filtering, file attachments, saved viewing perspectives, and more. More information, including a 15-minute quick start video and reference chart, is available at <http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnifocus/>.

OmniFocus licenses for $79.95. OmniOutliner Professional license owners are currently eligible for a 25% discount off the OmniFocus license fee. Quantity discounts, educational, and family pricing are available at <https://store.omnigroup.com/>.

About The Omni Group
One of the first companies to develop software for the Mac OS X platform, The Omni Group is today a leading developer for Apple products and has designed and engineered an array of Mac OS X tools for productive creativity. Founded in 1993, The Omni Group is located in Seattle, Washington.

Press Contacts

Linda Sharps, Marketing Communications
Ethan Schoonover, Head of Marketing
marketing@omnigroup.com
omnigroup.com/pr

Congratulations! You can be very proud. And thanks a lot for a fabulous product.

Congrats to you guys!

Hope you enjoyed the pie ;-)

-P

Congratulations, you really deserve a hard earned beer!

The hard work is really appreciated and thanks for listening to our feedback!

Congrats! It is becoming more and more a tool I can't live without.

When you close the gap to the iPhone it will be perfect.

BZ

Congratulations, OmniSapiens!

I've enjoyed watching the development of OF and happily shelled out my $40 to preorder.

It's going to be a major change to not constantly check the site for new betas. *grin*

Hopefully we'll see a prerelease of OmniFocus 2.0 somewhere down the line; but for now, I have work to do...

Congratulations!
Thanks for the tools and letting us be part of the loop.
-Paul

Damn, I though today was the last day to pre-order. C'est la vie!

Congratulations guys. It's a wonderful product that I'm relying on constantly.

Victor.

Yes, congratulations are in order. Actually, I'm not sure at this point how much I'll use OF, but I love OG's software and general company ethos so much that the decision to purchase a license was easy.

Looking forward to further development of great existing applications as well as the introduction of new ones. Keep up the great work.