The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suspend Action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to suspend an action? For example, for actions such as contacting someone and asking them to do something, I don't necessarily want to mark the task done, as I'll probably need to bug them again in the future. Therefore I have been using a context as "suspend" and moving such tasks to there when I have done them.

I thought there might be an easier way that this. Also, by moving to this context I start to get lots of suspend tasks that seem to clutter up my projects.

Thanks, Taman

Do you need two tasks? "Ask Karen ..." and "Get response from Karen..." The first one is done, when done, and the second is in a "Waiting for..." context. ("Suspend" and "Waiting For..." are the same thing, IMHO.)

Paul

Personally, I call the context waiting for.

I place a start date on the action.
In my daily processing, I use the available filter.
Once a day I go to my waiting for items and process actions that show up as a result of the start date now being active.

If I want to wait longer for the action, I change the start date to a date in the future.

Was thinking about the start date item. Think I'll give it a go. Trying to make this as quick and painless as possible, so might just leave in existing context and change start date. Might be nice to write an applescript or something that lets you just click and it'd suspend the item for a week - via putting the start date to one week from now (and maybe setting the flat or something, so you can choose to view the items that you've suspended). Trying to resist the temptation to spend too much time fiddling with my todo list rather than doing stuff....

Cheers!