The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

+omnifocus mail rules broken in 10.5? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I'm currently unable to send actions to OF using the +omnifocus mail rules system.

Any messages I send are correctly being picked up by the OF Mail rule - that is, they are being marked as read.... but they never land in OF's inbox.

However, if I select the mail message in Mail and manually invoke Message > Apply Rules, the item appears in OF.

It seems to me that the "run Applescript" part of the OF mail rule only kicks in if manually invoked.

Anyone else seeing this?
Mac OS 10.5.5 Build 9F33
OmniFocus 1.1 sneakypeek (v77.10.0.105602) [although it's been broken for a few versions now]

Cheers and TIA
Ian

Seems to be working here on 10.5.5 and r105615. Have you tried deactivating the Mail rule from OmniFocus' preferences and then reactivating it?

-Dennis

Yeah, sorry - I should have said.
I removed the Mail rule, reset the preferences in OF then turned everything back on.
I moved the Mail rule to the top of the list as they're evaluated in order but still no joy.

There's no problem with the Mail rule working as such - the incoming message gets marked as read correctly but the only way I can get the Applescript part of the rule to work is by manually selecting Apply Rules from Mail's Message menu.

I have been having the same problem this week. For me though, the problem appears to run deeper. Even selecting the message and applying the rule doesn't work for me. Any ideas from anyone?

Did you install the Safari 4 beta? I understand that installs a new version of WebKit which might affect some features of Mail (including mail rule processing).

Thanks for the reply, Ken. I have indeed installed Safari 4. I haven't heard that WebKit can affect Mail. I'll have to look into that for clues. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks also to your team for creating such an awesome product. I live in OF.

I installed the Safari4BETA as well, I guess I have to roll back to the Safari 3 again, unless you have a workaround ready soon.

I have the Safari 4 beta installed, but my Mail rules still seem to be working (although I haven't tested them exhaustively). I have one that turns the background of my OmniFocus emails to purple and that still works. Also, the email gets successfully moved to the trash by "Send to OmniFocus" rule.

The only thing that's not happening is the email doesn't seem to get parsed and added to OmniFocus itself. Could there be a problem with the AppleScript (/Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/Resources/MailAction.applescript)?

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by benfsmith View Post
I haven't heard that WebKit can affect Mail.
Mail probably uses WebKit to render HTML messages.

It is indeed related to Safari 4. I just reverted to Safari 3 and the mail rule is working.